On this page you will find information and resources that may be helpful to you and your student. In our mission to partner with parents, we seek to find ways that will include you, as a parent, in your child’s classroom and education. At First Place Academy, we mix traditional learning methods with the technology of today to provide a Christ-centered, engaging learning experience.
Below you will find some resources that will give you insight into your child’s daily work and what is expected of them. These resources are meant to help you and your student succeed. We encourage all our parents and students to take advantage of these tools.
Homework, Quiz, and Test Board
We use OneNote to help students and their parents better prepare for their school week. Students are required to write their homework in their school planners during the school day, so this serves a reference if parents also want to know what a certain day’s homework was. Also, if your student was absent, they can refer to the links to prepare for the day they return.
5th – 8th Grade
9th – 12th Grade
Attendance at First Place Academy is a privilege. Like all privileges, it comes with certain responsibilities.
I therefore, personally accept each of of the following Christian responsibilities:
- Love God Wholeheartedly – “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” Mark 12:30
- Serve Others Joyfully – “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.” Philippians 2:3-4
- Obey Authority – “Obey them that have the rule over you, submit yourselves: for they watch over your souls, as they must give account. that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.” Hebrews 13:17
- Work Diligently – “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.” Colossians 3:23
As a Christ-centered school, First Place Academy desires that every school employee and student reflect a lifestyle pleasing to Jesus Christ. Because of this, who we are and what we do, both on and off campus are extremely important. Since testimony of our lives is so significant, you are asked to read and agree to the following agreement which pertains to student conduct both on and off campus, during and after school.
- To God Almighty – I believe and depend on the Gospel, which is the power of God for salvation (Romans 1:16). I will seek to honor the Lord in all that I think, say, and do, and I will humbly submit to His commands (Deuteronomy 26:17). I recognize that my appearance and behavior should be a reflection of God as well as on me and my earthly family. (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- To My Parents – I will attempt to honor my parents in everything I think, say, and do (Exodus 20:12). I will seek to learn all that I can from them (Ephesians 6:1-3). I acknowledge that I cannot receive what I need in life or godliness from them (Psalm 78:1-3).
- To My Church – I will submit to all the authorities in the church that God has placed over me (Titus 2:1-5). I will make worship, discipleship, and spiritual growth a priority in my life (Galatians 2:20). I will attempt to be an ambassador of Christ and His church wherever I go (Matthew 28:19-20)
- To My Teachers – I will demonstrate respect, attentiveness, gratitude, and obedience to my teachers (Hebrews 13:1). I will seek to do all the work that I have assigned with diligence, honesty and integrity (Ephesians 5:8-17). I will do my utmost to learn as much, and achieve as much, as possible (Philippians 2:3-7).
- To My Classmates – I will honor and respect the time, work, and feelings of my fellow students (Romans 12:9-18). I will model honesty, integrity kindness, and modesty in my relationships (Philippians 2:3-7). I will love others by confronting their sin (and receiving their correction) in a spirit of love and humility (Ephesians 4:15-16).
- I will strive for excellence as a student in all that I say and do.
- I will obey Biblical principles, especially with regard to speech and conduct.
- I will show respect and cooperate with those in authority at the school.
- I will abstain from alcohol, drugs, and tobacco.
- I will avoid cursing, sexual immorality, witchcraft, dissension, and cheating. Specific acts and attitudes that First Place Academy does accept or tolerate are cited in Galatians 5:19-21.
- I will dress in accordance with the guidelines set forth by First Place Academy dress code policy.
- I will comply with the discipline policy of First Place Academy.
- I understand that once I enroll at First Place Academy, I am part of the First Place Academy Family wherever I am. Therefore, I agree to avoid behavior, both on and off campus that would dishonor Jesus Christ, the school, the church, my family, and me.
- I understand that I can be held accountable by the school for any negative behavior both on and off campus at any time during the year. If the school determines the inappropriate behavior impacts my witness for Christ, the school’s reputation and/or other FPA students or families in a negative manner, suspension or expulsion may result.
Attendance at First Place Academy is a great privilege. Like all privileges, it comes with responsibilities.
If you would like a copy of our Code of Conduct, download a copy here.
Slacks/Shorts/Jumpers/Capri/Skirts, Black, Navy or Khaki – No cargo slacks or shorts, please.These should be loose fitting and not baggy, fitting on the waist no low cut.Shorts and Skirts are to be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee while standing and 4inches above the knee while seated.No Tight Clothing or extremely baggy.
Shirts – Collared Polo or Oxford (white, navy,light blue, Red or yellow (FPAlogo optional). Please note, all shirts must be sized to fit. Shirts should always be buttoned except for the collar button.
Shoes – Closed-toed shoes with socks. Athletic shoes with socks are required for P.E.in all grades.
Slacks/Shorts – Black, Navy, or Khaki (FPA logo optional) – No cargo slacks or shorts, please.. Shorts should be no shorter than2 inches above the knee while standing and 4 inches above the knee while seated. These should be loose fitting and not baggy, fitting on the waist no low cut and no skinny cut.No Tight Clothing or extremely baggy.
Shirts – Collared Polo or Oxford,(white, navy,red, any blue,Red or Yellow(FPA logo optional). Shirts should always be buttoned except for the collar button.Please note, all shirts must be tucked in and all shirts, sized to fit.
Belts – Must be worn if apparel has belt loops.
Shoes – Closed-toed shoes with socks. Athletic shoes with socks are required for P.E. in all grades.
Boys: Hair must be above theeyebrow, may come to the topof the ear and at the collar.Hair may be highlighted or colored with natural hair colors.
Girls: Hair may be highlighted or colored with natural hair colors.
Please Note: No logos or printing on any clothing or outer wear. Hooded sweatshirts are not allowed. Lunch boxes and backpack sare to be plain with no characters or logos and no “Peace” symbols. Denim fabrics are NOT ALLOWED.
For a copy of our Dress Code, click here.